Over 20 million people seek chiropractic care each year and about a third of those are looking for relief from back pain. Others seek relief from headaches or from pain in the neck, the arms and legs.
Most chiropractors use hands-on spinal manipulation but at Leelanau Family Chiropractic we use the Impulse IQ Adjusting Instrument® to bring your body into proper alignment. The Impulse is a tool that allows us to direct your adjustment to the critical points in your body that need care.
Whether you come to us after an auto accident, a sports injury or a muscle strain we help you get your spine and the rest of your musculoskeletal structure aligned. Our goal is to get your body to a point where it can heal itself without surgery or medication.
When should you see a chiropractor? Here are a few situations:
- If you were injured in a traumatic event like an auto accident or a fall.
- If you have pain that comes from repetitive stress on your body such as sitting with proper back support or working on a keyboard for hours.
- If you're committed to your health and wellness and want to do everything you can including exercise, diet and chiropractic care to keep your body in alignment and working well.
Massage therapy is a great complement to chiropractic care. Like chiropractic, massage therapy focuses on ways to provide our patients pain relief without the use of medications.
Many of our patients find that a combination of massage therapy and chiropractic care helps them get more out of each visit. A relaxing massage can make your body more receptive to chiropractic adjustments. For patients who begin chiropractic care after a traumatic injury the combination of massage therapy with chiropractic adjustments may lead to a speedier recovery.
It's not surprising that the two techniques work so well together. Both chiropractic care and massage therapy focus on medication free approaches to reducing pain with chiropractic care focusing on the spine and the alighnment of the musculoskeletal structure of the body and massage therapy focusing on the soft tissue.
When should you consider massage therapy? Here are a few things to consider:
- When you have sore and/or tense muscles.
- If you suffer from chronic low-back pain or chronic neck pain.
- When you've experienced a sports injury.